Chew On This 2013 is a collaborative event from CUS Sustainability, Common Energy and Oxfam UBC. Over February 12th to 14th (Tuesday to Thursday), a variety of academics, business people and workshop facilitators will educate the UBC community about sustainable food and food security. The majority of these sessions will be free of charge to participants and interactive education will be emphasized, on food issues such as local sourcing, food security, fair trade, and more.
All events are free unless a price is mentioned!
Tuesday February 12th
- 12:30-2:00pm “The Journey of Your Food” Workshop by UBC Sprouts @ IKBLC
- 6:00pm Hungry For Change banquet by Oxfam UBC and Food Security Panel @ Hillel House
Wednesday February 13th
- 11:30am-1:30pm Visit our Booth the Fair Trade Week Tradeshow @ Henry Angus
- 2:00-3:30pm Stories from the Business Side @ IKBLC featuring Zhena Gypsy Teas
- 5:00pm LFS Communal Dinner ($5 at the door)
Thursday February 14th
- Social Media Scavenger hunt
- 12:30-2:00pm Chocolate-making workshop by Common Energy @ Lasserre 107